3-4 Hrs from Sydney Coastal Town

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by yoyo_guitarist, 14th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hello guys, looking to purchase and Airbnb approximately 3-4 Hrs from Sydney Coastal Town that we can also utilise for the odd weekend for ourselves too. Obviously everything has sky rocketed in these areas since last year, but is there anywhere left with a bit of value that is up and coming ? We were in Vincentia Jervis Bay on the weekend and loved the area.

Last edited: 14th Apr, 2021
  2. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Weekends for yourselves? that's when most people would want it ... :(

standtall likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Using your own holiday accommodation can lead to all sorts of tricky tax issue ... however ... Hawks Nest to the North is still affordable-ish

4. yoyo_guitarist

the odd weekend mate perhaps twice a year

Redom likes this.
  5. yoyo_guitarist

Ok thanks it would probably be once or twice a year but I’ll look into that.

6. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member

Yes...coastal towns have skyrocketed over the past 12 months...so that said what's your budget?

Most affordable suburbs of Port Stephens with water access (boat ramps, ect) are Tanilba Bay and Lemmon Tree Passage.

7. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

I have been looking at central coast and prices have basically almost doubled in last year or so for properties near the beach or with views.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Was having a think about this last night. Why did you want a coastal holiday place near Sydney?

You've said you'd only visit a couple of times a year, but seriously, as an investment, consider it's rentability for the other 350 days.

Beachside holiday locations are usually heaving from Christmas to Easter ... then pretty much dead for the rest of the year. Especially over the cooler months.

Perhaps a place in the warmer states would probably do better, but I don't know that market.

Something that holiday rents for only 3-4 months is not a good investment in my books.

We have holiday accom in pokolbin, wine country, which is only quieter during February, and sometimes August, cause wine drinking is not weather reliant ... specially if you have a place with a pool and a fire.

Not advocating pokolbin, but I do wonder if you've fallen in love with the idea of a holiday place, rather than the financial practicality

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Apr, 2021
    But Why?, Never giveup and skater like this.