Best interest rates in the market atm!

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Switchtronics, 8th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchtronics

Switchtronics Well-Known Member

Just thought I would ask and see what rates people are getting atm. For those brokers out there what are the bets rates for owner occupied and investment loans being offered atm.

Feel free to post your rate if comfortably and tricks you have used to get the deal

2. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

With respect to advertised deals from online lenders, I think Homestar Finance is the lowest

Switchtronics likes this.
  3. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

QUOTE=Feel free to post your rate if comfortably and tricks you have used to get the deal[/QUOTE]

Tricks - The trick is to use an awesome broker.

4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

I think there's more to it than just the rate....

Colin Rice likes this.
  5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

this week ? or next week

Without a doubt in 90 % of cases the online only lenders will offer a cheaper rate - lower costs, point of difference lower rate

For many ma n pa loans the cheaper and lower featured the better.

For many others though, it can be a costly mistake, the lender wont tell you that because they dont know.

Now more than ever, access to funds is more important than cost, since a great rate on zero loan isnt very useful..................

ta
    rol

Brisbane04 and Taku Ekanayake like this.
  6. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Probably best to go on a comparison website for the cheapies.

Re SVR discounting from larger banks - its not too bad again now (there was a 4-5 month period recently where it wasn't very sharp). There's some going to 1.55 for very large holdings for INV P&I and/or 1.5 at INV IO. OO P&I is a little lower given SVR is so much lower.

7. Switchtronics

Agreed, just wanted to start a thread seeing what the best deals are around atm so all property chatters can benefit. Personally I prefer a full service loan with offset, no fees to refinance and variable so its easy to refinance.
    There seems to be a strong trend towards p & I with the banks so I thought good time to review IO loans. I am currently running interest only loans on 4.75% and 4.38% owner occupied and they seem to be creeping up so am intetested to see what others are offering.

8. Switchtronics

Which lenders do you find the most flexible atm.

9. Switchtronics

Absolutely solid points. More to the question its about quality, service and access to funds not just the rate. Getting a good deal on a great package is more where I was leading. Are their good offerings with reputable lenders that allow future expansion you are seeing? What are some of the deals being offered atm you have found stand out?

10. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

This isn't exactly advertised but I find that CUA usually offer very competitive rates if you just ask. I rang them on Friday, told them about Qudos bank's 3.99% rate for the same type of loan and I wanted to see if there was anything they could do for me.
    They called me back an hour later and offered to reduce my current 4.11% rate to 3.84% and I get to keep my 100% offset, Redraw, extra repayments and no fees features.

Couldn't really argue with that. :D

Edit: This is for owner-occupied, P+I.

11. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

And what about the next loan?

12. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

Sorry, are you asking me?

I do have an investment loan with them as well but that's fixed for the next 5 years @ 4.51%, interest only. When I first applied they offered me 3.86% but that was only fixed for 2 years and I wanted something long term.

Might not be the best on the market but 4.51% is still pretty competitive if you ask me.

Shazi likes this.
  13. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Sorry i was asking the op. My point being that the lowest rate isnt the most important thing if, say, you want to but more property in the future.

14. Rolf Latham

one can take that all the way to the bank

We have had many potential clients that have saved thousands a year on rate, which is great, but stopped their accumulation phase as a result ........... some would argue thats a good thing

ta
    rolf

15. Switchtronics

Agree not only rate but solutions package. I guess it depends on serviceability to whether you get future loans. The idea was to see whos offering good deals at the moment and of course take into consideration long term play.

As an example I have a business colleague who has accumulated 22 properties with one lender and for him that has delivered a solid package with low interest rate.

16. Rolf Latham

Until....................

ta
    rolf

MWI likes this.
  17. Switchtronics

Hes retired....

But yes serviceability becomes difficult :)

18. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Any idea which one of big 4 banks has the lowest rate for OC laons at the moment? Thank you.

19. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Do you mean owner occupied?

Rate is one part of the equation.

20. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Or until.. perhaps that lender moves rates adversely related to the rest of the market. There is just risk with not having diversified lenders. Plenty of examples where lenders move rates about and take different positions i.e. CBA in recent times with investors or even in the last fortnight seeing NAB & STG move 2-3 year fixed rate INV rates in different directions.

Think it has been covered above that the answer to the OP is extensive based on the variables. As a general observation STG are very competitive at the moment in the 2-3 year fixed rate space.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.