Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

new season kicks off this weekend .

I've been a palace supporter since I used to watch them in England where they were the local team . They had a golden period in the 90's when a dot com millionaire funded the club to success , but they're a two steps forward , three step backward club having been into administration twice in the last few years , last time in 2010 .

Since then they got promoted back to the EPL , had two mid season crisis , multiple coaches and strong finishes , with a 10 position finish after Alan Pardew took over last year when they were in the relegation zone .

They have Mile jedinak as their captain , two of the most exciting winger in the EPL with Yannick Bolasie and Wilf Zaha . They have bought well over the summer with their prize signing being the French national team midfielder yohan cabaya being the midfield general who took Newcastle to a fifth place finish a couple of years ago .

They play entertaining , attacking football and have taken the mantle of everyone's second favourite team due to their style of play

My biggest worry .... Every one is expecting them to do well.....and even make Europe

Everyone expects the swans to do well , but crystal palace .... It's too much to hope for

Sigh :rolleyes:

Cliff

Gingin likes this.
  2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Cliff, how well Southampton was doing last season, until they dropped off considering they sold so many of their talented players to the bigger clubs.

3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Its hard enough just staying in the top flight these days with Russian and Middle Eastern billionaires owning clubs. One bad year and they just buy enough players to make up a new team.
    I've followed LFC since I was a child in the UK and I think they are many people's second team or if not anyone playing against Man U. I still can't stand them.
    Love the pace and commitment of the EPL, other European countries might have a couple of brilliant teams in their comps like Barca,Real Madrid or Paris St Germain but nothing compares with the week to week competitiveness of the EPL.

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Zaha and bolasie are the most exciting wingers in the league? Umm yeah nah

5. See Change

Two of the most ... . didn't say the most .. :)

Cliff

6. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

You mean after Ritchie and Gradel.

7. See Change

Who ?? :rolleyes::cool:

Good start for palace 3 / 1 winners , though Norwich are justifiably p...end off with at least one ump decision with an overhead kick / goal being disallowed for a dangerous kick .

Great to see tommy rogic start for Celtic and score in his first competitive start for them in two years . A couple of good years in Scotland and they'll be queuing up for him to go to the EPL . With him and Luongo we with have two of the most creative midfielders in Australian football .

With an increasing number of Aussies making their presence felt in higher leagues in Europe we might be in for a good spell on the world stage .

Cliff

Last edited: 10th Aug, 2015
  8. Richard Taylor

Bournemouth's 2 wingers both internationals.

Was at the game Saturday and we dominated Aston Villa for 75 minutes and then conceeded with a single header 15 minutes from the end.

9. See Change

Sounds like palace at time over last two year . All over other clubs , but a lapse in concentration and they're behind .

The EPL ca be ruthless at times .

I'm watching Bournemouth with interest . My dad grew up near there in Poole harbour and we used to go there on holidays . I think it's their first time in the EPL ??

Now they just need to up their offer on Murray to 4 mill and they'll have a decent striker ...

Cliff

10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

11. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Good game by Milner and Coutinho, Liverpool off to a good start beating Stoke.

12. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

I go for Newcastle United which is unfortunately a club that is always in the news for the wrong reasons, and without trophy whatsoever.

Cliff, Cabaye was great at Newcastle for a number of years. He was one of the most important player for NUFC for that period. Then money and Champions League ambitions led time to exit and move to PSG. Then of course he could not even get into first team and now has gone to Crystal Palace. Alan Pardew of course was leading NUFC, and I think he has done as much as he could under Mike Ashley and shoestring budget, before he couldn't stand it and went to Crystal Palace. I don't blame any of them.

It would be interesting to see how Crystal Palace perform this season though. Still want to see NUFC to be at top 10. Europa League would be great but I cannot see them challenging for Champions League.

13. Richard Taylor

Cliff Yes first time in the P/L for Bournemouth.

From 91st in the Football League in th 2008/09 season after starting on - 17 points for going into administration to promotion the following year and then 3 years in Div 1. Promotion to the Championship and a 10th place finish that year to winning it last year on the last day of the season.

Murray has been a name doing the rounds here for the last couple of weeks and i think would be ideal.

Course both Danny Ings at Liverpool and Charlie Austin are ex Bournemouth players and be great to have them back lol.

Poole is a great place was down playing golf at Parkstone last weekend being my old GC.

We play Palace on Boxing Day so will look forward to that game now.

14. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Coutinho's goal today was a stunner

15. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just so i understand, in a league with people like di maria until recently, hazard, firmino, sterling, depay etc wilfred zaha is considered obe of the most exciting wingers in the league?

Bolasie is decent though ill give u that. Still a fair gulf between the best and him imo

16. See Change

Who ....?:eek:

I agree with you :p

Check out the highlight reel of his performance against Norwich . :cool:

Cliff

17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Di Maria couldn't hack the pace at Man u having to turn up every week and has jumped ship, Firmino is promising but unproven in the EPL, same with Depay. Sterling was great for Liverpool last season as was Hazard for Chelsea.

Last edited: 11th Aug, 2015
  18. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Chelsea got smashed by Man City on the weekend, hoping LFC can make it 2 from 2 tonight.

Daniel007 likes this.
  19. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Mourinho should not have let go of Lukaku. COYB!! :D

20. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Lucky win by Liverpool, Sturridge is needed back asap.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia