250K in Hand| What to buy|NSW?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Billz, 31st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Billz

Billz Member

Hello,

I got AUD250K in hand and I am exploring what options I have to buy with this money.

PS: At this stage, I do not prefer to get loan- Idea is to put this money somewhere for next 3-5 years and then sale it (if required) to buy a house for myself and save more money.

I explored some options - I am not sure if its a good idea or not to buy some studio apartments in Ultimo/CBD or parramtta under 250K? whats your opintion/suggestions?

C205/56-60 Mount Druitt Road, Mount Druitt NSW 2770 | Domain
    14/340 Woodstock Avenue, Mount Druitt NSW 2770 | Domain
    26/22-32 Great Western Hwy, Parramatta NSW 2150 | Domain

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Banks are evil?

3. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Borrowing is bad.

4. jaybean

It ain't your house, it's the BANK'S house!

5. Trainee

Let me have my delusions. What is life if even delusions are taken from you?

6. Trainee

op, you asked this question a year ago. What's changed? What did you look at? Why now?

7. jaybean

What life? Bank owns my life now. OP is right.

8. Trainee

Op, seems your thing is because you don't have much of an income, so you can't borrow much.
    Then property might not be the thing for you, especially in that short a time frame.

Honestly? Buying a studio off the plan, in a big building in areas with unlimited supply, you might as well just torch your money.

(but then, who knows what might happen to the Sydney market?)

3-5% to buy, 3-5% to sell. You don't use leverage which is what makes residential property a good investment.

Archaon and Gockie like this.
  9. unicorntears

unicorntears Well-Known Member

If you pick some decent ETFs, you could grow that $250k by 10% - 50% a year. The only thing that makes residential property a better investment is leverage (bank loan).

Gockie likes this.
  10. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

Why ? What are you trying to achieve? How is buying a house going to save money and why do you want to save ? I prefer to spend money to grow assets and income. You had $200k cash in March and one of the greatest oportunity in any-ones lifetime presented it self. You should have 600k now to buy a house. If you didnt seize that opportuunity I suspect you never will act. Investing now in an ETF or even a house you couid just as easily lose 10 or 30% in 3 years, but if you use a 10 year time frame you should do well.

11. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

That is rather knaive, You can expect a 10% drop every 3 years and a 50% drop every 10 years and is possible over the next 3 years. Cash flow makes RIP a better investment than ETF's

Piston_Broke likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia