250k deposit

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Property Baron, 1st Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Property Baron

Property Baron Well-Known Member

Hi guys if we were to put down 250k deposit on a new home with total value of new home 750k what do you think the best interest rate we could get would be?
    Either through a bank or mortgage broker.
    Cheers,

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

0% would be the best.

dave80 likes this.
  3. Property Baron

Ha ha I'll repeat the best we could get.
    Are you offering %0?

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Related party loans are often at 0%. If you mean out in the market place, this would depend on the circumstances. You can google to find the cheapest rate on offer but whether it is possible to get that or suitable would need credit advice.

5. Property Baron

%o percent sounds great for a home loan but if it's that easy than why isn't everybody just doing it?
    Was hoping hoping a few people might cherp in here with home loans they recently acquired.A lot of advertising shows rates under 3% just wanted to here some real world experience gaining these rates and how they got there. Did they just apply online? or through a broker?

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

When you say "home" assuming it is for PPOR?

The rate people got may not suit your situation or be available for you. For example, the loan may not be available for the location of your home (postcode), or for your work situation (eg self employed). What if you could get 2%pa P&I but it had no offset, had a $20k break fee as well as a monthly fee of $50?

There's just too many variables and too little info on what you are after to really make a comment.

The Y-man

7. Property Baron

Yes home for PPOR.Most loans will available at this location and would be happy if we also just assumed this. Not self employed a working couple with a decent salary each. I understand a 20k breakfree and $50 monthly fee would not be ideal but this is what I'm asking.
    Most online lenders I have been looking at seem to have $0 fees and under 3%. Would like to know if this is actually possible and if so why are people still choosing big 4 at 3.3% type figures?