2019 Federal Budget

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Paul@PAS, 2nd Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Tonight is the earlier than normal (May) Budget.
    Why is it early ? An election must be held before 18th May. The budget has been bought forward for this reason (only)

In past years I have provided a real time update on key measures. But this year I will not be doing this as this years budget is a bit of a joke.
    1. No part of the budget will become law. When PM Morrison visits the GG on this weekend to seek a writ for an election all bills that arent passed and already given assent lapse. This includes ALL budget announcements.
    2. The budget is a early political announcement and no more.
    3. There will only be election handouts in this years budget. I can predict there will be NO new taxes, no increased taxes and no unannounced tax changes that impact unfavourably.
    4. There will be announced increased spending on infrastructure - Thais helps jobs. But until laws are later bought back to Parliament its no more than a media stunt. As will the ALP budget reply on Wednesday.

Westminster, Anne11, hobo and 4 others like this.
  2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

And unfortunately a considerable amount of funds have been expended on preparing the Budget for a zero outcome.

Of course, I suppose some could argue that is normal for Governments at any level or political persuasion.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Paul@PAS

At least Morrision isnt doing the Plan B scenario. This allows the Senate election to occur by 18th May but allows the lower house election to be deferred until September. But it means an extra $190-$290m of election costs and the ALP would make it a media circus each and every day

4. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I bet far more people will watch MAFS tonight than the ABC’s presentation of the Budget.

I will be watching the Budget and BS’s reply on Thursday ;).

I know the wife will be watching MAFS :eek:.

5. SatayKing

What on earth is that? I seriously don't know.

kierank likes this.
  6. Paul@PAS

This morning I could have kicked my TV. I thought that aweful experiment with rats in a caged run had ended. Oh no...Next week are the reunion shows. Stan and Netflix continue.

I always though if you date someone who is a dick you dont see them again. Apparently not. They must be well paid to perform.

kierank likes this.
  7. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear you're talking about Parliament question time Paul? Yes?

craigc, kierank and Paul@PAS like this.
  8. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Haha. $180m to reopen and then immediately close Christmas Island after exactly zero people were transferred there from the medevac bill. What a joke.

9. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

You’re not missing out on anything :D.

MAFS => Married At First Sight :eek:

SatayKing likes this.
  10. SatayKing

Thanks.

Sounds like a dreadful program. I don't watch commercial TV.

kierank likes this.
  11. James90

James90 Well-Known Member

I know someone that’s on the show, pay is crappy like $140 a day, filming can be up to like 11 hours a day and they have to buy there own food and drinks expect on the organised group events.