2018 Hotspots and Predictions

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Inov8ive, 3rd Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I come across examples each day. If only I had money. :(

samiam and adam duckworth like this.
  2. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I dont think i ever mentioned Tasmania's economy did i? The numbers speak for themselves though, Hobart has performed very strongly. Seems you may be a tad sensitive to criticism of Adelaide's prospects:oops:

MTR and adam duckworth like this.
  3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

All the usual suspects north/south of the river have done well i.e. above 10% or slightly below.
    I'd describe 20-30% growth in the past 3 years as pretty hot.. but I can't see Sydney kind of growth ever happening in Bne.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Ross Forrester

Ross Forrester Well-Known Member

I read somewhere the Karrinyup South is the place to buy....

Perthguy and JDP1 like this.
  5. Bozley

Bozley Well-Known Member

?
    Not sure why you think Hobart has nearly doubled. Do you have the source for this statement virhlpool - its not my understanding

6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Hobart is only about half way done

radson and adam duckworth like this.
  7. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

No you didnt but you were considering Hobart but ruled out Adelaide due to being worried about its economy. Which inthought was strange considering Hobart would of have had the worst economy year in year except for maybe the past year or two
    Hobart has already done very well. To buy in now at say 350k would be ok because of the yield but i doubt thise properties will reach 450k in the next 5 years
    I like Hobart but i think the ships sailed. There just isnt the money down there. Good tourism but not a heap more

virhlpool and pwt like this.
  8. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Just had my first look at hobart in a while.
    Defnately moved a lot in price yet there appears to be the odd good deal still hanging about.
    Claremont Glenorchy Berriedale Goodwood moved up from high 1s to high 2s
    Moonah is interesting as still looks like you can get an ok deal with some much higher sales results achieved
    Id say most areas have grown 40-50% from when we inspected a few two and a half years ago

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Timing is everything:)

MyPropertyPro likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My prediction for 2018 .... is continued strong double digit growth for all US markets, even Detroit........ I know a long way from home, but its working well for me... requires a bit more effort..

MTR:)

luckyone and Journeyman like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Now we can talk about what actually happened... the facts. no BS

..... the Threads speak for themselves... what markets have actually boomed since 2013..... how many hyped up threads do we have on PC.... Adelaide ... did not boom....... Brisbane did not boom.... yet.

Since 2013..... Perth, Sydney, Melb and Tassie have all boomed.

get caught up with the wrong threads and not understanding what is happening on the ground may cause some great missed opportunities, worse holding stock and paying debt... ouch.... when its far more fun making money.

No one shoot me... just calling a spade a shovel.

Last edited: 6th Dec, 2017
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

14. vbplease

Since 2013 Perth has boomed?? Sure about that??

Brisbane has had many suburbs grow 10% pa, or just below over the past 3 years, GC has done event better.. you're right about calling a spade a shovel :confused:

HUGH72 likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I certainly am sure about this no BS Perth did boom... review threads on SS, properties on the market in Perth fell back to 7000, balanced market is 12000.
    I was developing and buying property in Perth market during 2013-14 - boom, not many people will have noticed this. Volume shrunk significantly and demand increased...boom
    I will try to find the link, but I am certain many Perthians will know about this @Perthguy

Here is the link, plenty of evidence here that the market was booming, we are talking 30-40% growth dependent on what you buy. A short boom, only 2 years, but none the less money to be made
    Perth property listings - under 9,000

Last edited: 6th Dec, 2017
    Perthguy likes this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

10% is not a boom, but its nice. Brissy is a fragmented market as we know

17. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Yes. It was a boom alright but not across the board. It was isolated to several areas that went crazy. City of Belmont LGA was one.

@vbplease have a look at the median house price charts for Belmont and Cloverdale. You will see a big spike peaking in 2014 and price declines after that.

I posted 3 Gatton Way before. On the market 3 days. 150+ people at the first home open. 18 offers. Listed 435 to 475. Sold for 552. That was in the boom.

vbplease likes this.
  18. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

For what it’s worth, I’m seeing signs that the Perth market is turning having just bought there. I don’t think it’s going to boom again any time soon, but I suspect it’s bottomed.

Depending on your strategy and reasoning, it might be prudent to wait for vacancy rates to drop a little first before going head first. It really depends where you’re at in your investing and what you’re looking achieve short and long term.

Big Daddy likes this.
  19. vbplease

Sounds good, isolated areas boomed and have since receded.
    I thought @MTR was implying that Perth (As a whole, not just localised suburbs) has boomed since 2013, including the past 2years. All media reports would beg to differ..

MTR and Perthguy like this.
  20. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Definitely not city wide

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia