2018 Hotspots and Predictions

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Inov8ive, 3rd Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

still think there is always new and newer suburbs in Melbourne (that will emerge) - I know @sash thinks that inner city is on the decline however in the suburb of "Preston" - over the last 2 weekends, first single home has breached 2 mil mark and also 1.74 mil again. This trend has been happening since the 80s (flow on effect).

outer suburbs still has steam - one suburb has gone high 300k to mid 400K in a matter of months.

even in the heavy rain - ppl still rock up to make bids creating new sale records. ppl need to be on the ground to understand market sentiment

upload_2017-12-4_10-24-46.png

Realist35 and couq like this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Can only build a single dream home. But the pictures below is why it got the massive price. Always rich people around this area willing to buy whatever they want. Money is no object and supply is extremely low in North Bondi and Bondi Beach for well located land sites. (houses are to be demolished in most cases)
    This is why:
    rich1.JPG

rich2.jpg

Last edited: 4th Dec, 2017
  3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

+1
    My outlook for Bne has been pretty conservative (very slow, but consistent growth) over the medium to long term, but a couple auction results in my suburb (inner north) this past weekend, makes me think there may be a bit more momentum than I thought.
    These are owner occupier homes - the yield would be way to low for investing. Not sure if they're interstate buyers for the extensive reno jobs.. i doubt it.
    the complete homes in the $1-1.7m bracket are also moving very quickly.

luckyone, willair and adam duckworth like this.
  4. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Some support Adelaide on here but the main reason Adelaide is not heavily supported is their economy. They just cannot seem to create the jobs there.

5. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

You must be talking about Logan?

Mark likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree @vbplease.

I think there are generally 2 types of good 'house' deals to buy. 1. Is like you mentioned, the low yielding homes that are really a complete reno or development deal where the loss of cash flow is factored in the deal from the outset when a feaso is done. Most investors can't take on such a deal. 2. The other type of house is the one where its not really a development deal but the home is old, on a larger block and in a desirable area where a good reno later on will really add value. The yield also is not quite as bad as the development site but most likely still some NCF depending on deposit. #2 type deal is far easier for more medium level risk profile investors to handle than #1 is.

petewargent and vbplease like this.
  7. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Naa im talking BCC. I have had some reasonable growth there but mainly from buying well rather than a complete market increase. I want to see Brisbane do double digits overall

8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I would only buy when I see market starting to rise, booms generally go for 2 years so you have time, takes the guess work out of it.

New Town, luckyone and Inov8ive like this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

that's what you need to find out? when did it start, is there a ripple effect? if so where/what's happening on the ground?

adam duckworth likes this.
  10. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

2018 hotspot and predictions?
    I'd say davoren park will be the one to watch.
    Watch this space...Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane are all over hyped and over rated.:)

Barny and adam duckworth like this.
  11. adam duckworth

adam duckworth Well-Known Member

I've also been watching areas in adelaide, would you care to share why you think davoren park would be one to watch? :)

12. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Because @Barny owns one there and he asked me to hype it...

Barny and adam duckworth like this.
  13. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Lol how funny was that.
    That thread was a **** take on everyone hyping up every single location they have bought in. I sold daveron and haven't stopped smiling since. Great cashflow but tenants did my head in.

Perthguy, JDP1 and adam duckworth like this.
  14. KevinJ

KevinJ Well-Known Member

That photo looks like the Ben Buckler area near the end of the Dover Heights - North Bondi dyke. It's a very tightly held pocket, rarely any sales there.

15. adam duckworth

adam duckworth Well-Known Member

16. pwnitat0r

pwnitat0r Well-Known Member

Blacktown and Doonside in Sydney are two suburbs I think will do well over the next few years.

Tenex and Journeyman like this.
  17. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

They arn't Jerry Springer Contestants?

18. strongy1986

Mate! Economy in Tasmania is rubbish.
    Hobart is only going good because it has geographical constraints and high tourism from melbourne
    People talk about outer suburb locations of Hobart like they are in Melbourne or Sydney!
    Inner suburbs of Hobart are already expensive compared to other similar sized / bigger towns in Australia. Yep Hobart is a great place but dont be blinded just because its a 'capital'

19. strongy1986

I should also say that their is chronic under supply in Hobart because no one bothered to build a new house in the last 20 years.
    The developers will sort it out and trash the market soon enough though

20. strongy1986

My tips (probably be 2 years too early)
    Vic - phillip island , surf coast, bendigo, ballarat
    Nsw - dont know stopped following - maybe north coast past port mac (exclude byron and immediate area, already crazy)
    Qld - brisbane? Hervey bay, sunshine coast, townsville
    WA - various mining towns that went too far down, too many vacancies state wide to see any huge growth
    NT - im thinking a heap of pain to come once inpex winds up, regionals are way overpriced
    ACt - no idea
    SA- havnt been watching closely- never seems to boom! Was always interested in Taperoo- largs bay area, port noarlunga, hills areas, torrensville down to netley are good value. Also think Mt Gambier is a nice town to invest for the right price
    TAS- could see growth in Outer Hobart suburbs. Personally i think a lifestyle.property for 300k with a 5% yield may be better long term than a 300k property in Moonah/ Lutana/berriedale but who knows?