$200K - Aiming to dump in ASX (Local/International/ETF/Direct Shares)-SMA/MF or likes of CommSec

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Never giveup, 10th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

If that isn't a warning sign I don't know what is.

Potential "students" will, or should, have exceeded escape velocity as soon as they read that. My view only obviously.

Mooser likes this.
  2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Out of all I've ever heard regarding property or shares Dave is the worst spruiker ever. That guy and company targets mums and dads and ill informed people with no confidence what so ever to become a trader. He puts people down consistently, calling them ignorant and arigant wanna be tradders that have no idea. Advises ETFs are rubbish and anyone can beat a fund by just buying the top 10 shares, but doesn't tell you what to do when one of those company's is in trouble apart from setting up a stop loss.
    He does no real analysis of company's he buys, All about the candles, if the company has momentum in an upswing then he buys, and sets stop losses if they fall.

This is how good he is at predicting markets, around 2 months ago he was advising the markets will rise and bullish, then they dropped about 5%, then advised he doesn't see a pull back of more than 8% and he still feels it's a bullish market and it will turn back, he reckons it's an overreaction to the virus and investors selling have no idea. Market then drops 20%, he says he did predict 8-12%(he did not, he said 8% with a rebound) and it can happen and still see a rebound as he sees bullish signs still, markets drops 34% and changes his tune to I don't know what the markets will do??? But buy my book so you know what to do if markets drop.

His whole business is based on him being an expert and everyone else loses money because they are idiots/ignorant/have no idea (his words).
    Buy his book and do his course.

If that's your sort of investing with large amounts of savings then go for it, he's a joke, the worst of the worst. Go watch his last 10 videos of how clueless the guy really is, but it's ok if you have stop losses lol.

Last edited: 23rd Apr, 2020
  3. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

I will be getting SOA sometimes.in next 10 days and I told.the FA -that I will be putting him to test by comparing with simple.investing strategy (PC experts) ;)

Butterfly88 likes this.
  4. Never giveup

Had an informal/formal face to face meeting today and the sentiment is Diversification in the proposed potential SOA.

Thanks to this forum- asked heaps of questions to assertain the value in paying management fee/indirect cost + platform costs etc

Given the various threads:- index investing with an old lic (complimenting) is the longterm simple investing mantra here and I do like to hold couple of direct shares (my problem ;) )

My question is around scenario medelling - Is there a way I can put assumotions around fees, potential return and compare the recommended product vs index etfs somewhere online?

5. Never giveup

Abive is from LIC Thread:-

@SatayKing - did I upset you guys that much lol

6. Never giveup

Just an uodate:- out to 2 provided/suggested/advised options- I have already reviewed one and rejected based on the fees ( management+ indirect) and performance. Various caveats from betashare also makes the product unattractive.

Over the weekend will review the morningstar one.

7. Never giveup

Update- Aug 2021

Based on the market sentiment and available options considering Refinancing and pulling more equity.....

Tier 2 lender rates are higher than Tier 1 but can pull more equity out .....

with gearing for IP we can pull much more than just investing in Index but SEQ is hot and might have priced out too.....

apk likes this.
  8. sfdoddsy

sfdoddsy Well-Known Member

For checking historical returns, I use Sharesight. You can input any fund, ETF or share and see how they've done over a range of times.

For modelling future returns, Portfolio Visualiser can give you a bunch of scenarios.

It is US centric, but can help:

Portfolio Visualizer

Portfolio Charts is also interesting:

Portfolios

Never giveup likes this.