2 into 1 lot???

Discussion in 'Development' started by scook32, 23rd Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. scook32

scook32 Member

Hi all,

About to complete my first development project. My old folks own the lots outright and its been sitting there doing nothing and they've given the lots to me. As they own it outright and because it was bought for a tenth of the price that it's worth now, risks have been reduced and it would make a great first project. The area around it has seen tremendous growth recently. I.e. right next door a townhouse development project was just completed and fully occupied already, and construction for shops a few lots down will start in a few months).

Now about the project:
    I have 2 adjacent lots (separate titles) and am planning to construct some townhouses on them. Lot 1 is much smaller than lot 2. If I to treat both lots as a single title I could construct more townhouses than if they were to be treated as separate titles. My question is, can I destroy the boundary between the lots? What is involved? I would like to maximize the number I can build.

Cheers and I'll be sure to make a thread for all to follow my first project,

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yes, treat the sites as one block for planning and development purposes, then consolidate the sites and undertake a strata subdivision for the new townhouses.