2 bedroom villa unit rental property - floorboards in EVERY room?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by housechopper2, 7th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Polishing the floorboards in a rental property in kitchen,living room/hall. Should we do bedrooms?

1. Yes - polish bedroom floors

2. No - leave carpet in bedrooms

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Currently renovating a 2bdr villa unit. We aren’t sure whether to polish the floors in the two bedrooms or not. We know that floorboards are lowest maintenance, but personally prefer carpet in bedrooms. Help!

2. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

I very much like polished floorboards compared to carpet. For me, carpet just feels gross and almost never ages well.

housechopper2 likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

.....and can cause some tenants with asthma breathing difficulties.
    If tenants want carpet, then they can buy a big carpet rug or two themselves.

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Floorboards look better (and get my vote for bedrooms). However, they will get scratched (just normal wear and tear - moving the bed etc).

Also, if you are polishing boards in a kitchen, be aware that the finish will likely wear faster than other rooms due to traffic and how often kitchen floors are washed.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia