NSW 2 Bedroom Apartment $800K to spend but where?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by DeanSydney, 17th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. DeanSydney

DeanSydney New Member

Hey everyone here at Property Chat,

I'm looking at purchasing an owner occupied 2 bedroom apartment and have a budget of $800k, I want to be around the inner city if possible with transport and would love the forums advice.

This decision has been made difficult due to the massive amount of development (I would know as I run a site based on it) making oversupply a definite however we do have to live somewhere and was wondering what a decent area is with amenities and a train nearby for around the $800k mark

I have looked at Paddington, Neutral Bay and other eastern suburbs locations, however the apartments are small to say the least. I don't mind the Newtown/Erskenville area however there is not much stock available at all.

A trendy area would be ideal as I'm in my 20s, I look forward to your recommendations :)

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a look at Crows Nest/St Leonards - the proposed Metro line will go through there in a few years.

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Don't understand the way state govt works. They keep building new lines along the old lines while other areas remain unattended

4. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

Zetland, Mascot

5. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Inner West - Marrickville / Dulwich Hill (train) / Annandale / Lilyfield (light rail) and surrounds.

This and fols like this.