VIC $1M - seriously?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Stvn, 22nd Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Stvn

Stvn Active Member

Hi guys, would be good to get your thoughts on this?

This 2/1/1 Melbourne apartment is one I have been watching, thought it was okay but nothing really special

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-apartment-vic-collingwood-132628978

Price guide was $800K-$880K which I thought was a little high for what it was (figured more like $750K-$800K) however I have just seen it sold for $1M?

Kind of surprised - what are your thoughts about that sold price?

2. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

What comparables did you use to arrive at 750-800k?

3. noomi_nooma

noomi_nooma Well-Known Member

A warehouse property in Collingwood with outdoor area. I think 1m is fair price. Your value is way unders.

4. Stvn

Stvn Active Member

Comparables in the SOI were $811K to $825K, located closer in near the Carlton/CBD border. Interested to know what it is about the unit you think makes it worth $1M?

5. noomi_nooma

noomi_nooma Well-Known Member

Check out warehouse sales in Cambridge and Oxford streets and you will see that is what they bring.

6. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

I don't know the area. SOI? Statement of Information? Closer to CBD might not translate into more money.

Can you find comparables on the same street or comparable streets? Prices can vary greatly depending on which end or which side of the street also. You need to be sure you are comparing the right product.

7. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

It is what it is: an excellent result for the vendor - assuming they paid less for it!

I guess it is a good time to sell in the area for that type of prop, and not necessarily the best time to buy (personally would rather get a house for that money)

The Y-man

8. Geoffrey

Geoffrey New Member

I know someone who sold a very similar but inferior, one possibly the same building, but it couldn't have air conditioning due to heritage rules. It sold for just under a million. I think 1 million is actually a bit of a bargain with 2 car spaces for that type of property in that area. It's not my cup of tea but it is for a lot of people. Walk to the free tram zone in the morning. Lock and leave. Two balconies.

turk likes this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

it may be worth that much but its a pretty tasteless/tacky looking interior through out

Melbourne_guy likes this.