NSW $1m properties in Blacktown

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sashatheman, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I moved out of Blacktown....so they fast track gentrifying the area.:rolleyes:

ej89, datto, Inov8ive and 1 other person like this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I think the suburb needs to get rid of its name and replace it with the Chinese symbol for good luck or good fortune. I could then see prices go even higher.

Gockie likes this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yeah agree actually...
    call it Prosperitywood?

datto and standtall like this.
  5. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Blacktown and Liverpool are two areas in Sydney I would still seriously consider investing in now, for the right parcel and location.

Liverpool because it will be the third major geographical CBD region of Sydney going by current results and future projections.

Blacktown because Council is really trying to lift the CBD, council is also getting much much wealthier with all the spread of nice housing and rising rates, and a lot is being poured into Blacktown, accelerating gentrification.

The writing is on the wall, historically north of m4 (and parramatta road) has always been nicer than south, this isn't changing and Blacktown has an important geographic location relative to the west growing wave of nice housing in the North West. Combine this with significant investment from a motivated council and it will be interesting to see what happens (although the investors need to be motivated as well!)

ej89 and S1mon like this.
  6. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

Blacktown? Are you guys talking about Sunnytown Fu?

Blacktown council ran a name suggestion campaign a while ago but the whole idea got killed for some reason.

Call it Sunnytown or Namaste Garh or anything but Blacktown!

Gockie likes this.
  7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Hellokittytown

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-4_0-10-6.png

That was Chatswood Interchange.

DaveM likes this.
  9. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

Hay guys, i can see the day where the blacktown median is higher than inner city. Driven by treechangers, But without that many trees

@RetireRich101 , @datto , do you have the same visions?

RetireRich101 likes this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@S1mon - is a treechanger someone who bulldozers trees only to replace them with high-rise? :confused:

S1mon likes this.
  11. RetireRich101

Though I am vested interest and would like to see this happening for Blacktown, I don't believe this will happening in my life time. Probably at best if inner city house grows 200% in the next 20 years, Blacktown may grow 250% in the next 20 years...

I picked some up for ~300k with granny flat in this cycle and renting for $750 . Parents bought some in the ~100k probably cycles ago. It is now 650k house median. Will I see 1M for Blacktown (the suburb) in 10 years time, I don't really the crystal ball like some... Some 'potential' (not zoned) property are hitting the $1M mark now. The R4 high density 1200m2 are selling for $2.5M

S1mon likes this.
  12. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

You could buy run down houses near the cbd for $40-60 000 back in 96/97, same places right now would be in ballpark of about $3500pm2 land value only, so the 1000m2+ blocks - hypothetically would - have gone up substantially. The R2 ones near the CBD are averaging well into at least the $1500's per square meter.. at least!!!

Further out, in south Blacktown prices were similar, about 50-90 000 back in 97/98, this is where the median is about the 650-700k mark.

It's been a strong performer that's for sure. It's at the stage now where castle hill was at not too long ago, a place that's now well and truly gentrified. Home prices now in castle hill are comparable to, if not more than, inner city places.. admittedly you get more land component and bigger homes

13. datto

datto Well-Known Member

No. Don't think so. The way I see it, the inner west is the inner west and close to the city. The city is like some huge magnet that draws in money, jobs etc. It is chic.

Blacktown, on the other hand, is too close to the Druitt. That will be hard to shake off. Damn hard. Picture some cool dude (Blacktown) in a bar, looking to pick up, but he is constantly followed around by a drunken slob cousin (the Druitt). It just doesn't work. Before long, the cool dude is as drunk as the cousin and they are both kicked out onto the street.

Yeah. Nah. The inner west will stay higher priced than Blacktown in my books.

14. noogie60

noogie60 Well-Known Member

The stain of the 2770 postcode is hard to wash off. Far far away in the future, it may become like the block in Redfern or the Waterloo public housing estate - an island of derro in a sea of gentrification.........

datto likes this.
  15. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

I have no knowledge of blacktown other than I remember hearing about it on the news a lot especially a couple of years ago and earlier where a lot of crime, shootings, and you name it was going on. Very surprised to hear it is now churning out 1 million plus sales but not really since anywhere in Sydney seems to be totally gone nuts these days in prices. I doubt it will change either as the NSW premiere wants to bring in a ton more immigrants here and is pushing the Goverment to open the flood gates even more, especially from her homeland in the Middle East so they can hand out millions of visas to all her ancestors from Armenia, Syria and Iran etc. She wants tons more support for her North Sydney Willoughby electorate and her Armenia base that is her main priority to make sure they are all happy, all her ancestors who support her there.

Last edited: 4th May, 2017
    Gonx likes this.
  16. RetireRich101

easy pal...what did Blacktown and Berejiklian ever do to you?

I lived in Blacktown for 30+ years. I am still alive

17. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not like it was back a few years ago as the crims would not be able to afford to live there anymore besides the ring leaders. Gladys seems like a very nice woman but I don't believe her interests are in NSW, I believe the Armenian community is her main priority and her puppeteers and supporters of her party that are paying the bills ;).

datto and Brickbybrick like this.
  18. Brickbybrick

Brickbybrick Well-Known Member

:eek: And she's previously said she wants to do what she can to solve affordability.....

OK Gladys, bring more hordes in, as long as they move in next door to your own home in a few high rises.

datto and Gonx like this.
  19. datto

datto Well-Known Member

LOL.. To be fair the area is not as bad as it once was.

20. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just wondering what happens when your kicked out on the street?.

datto likes this.