VIC $1M in Sunshine? Phew or Miss?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ATANG, 15th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Any idea how the rental market is in sunshine, st albans?

2. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Low from what Ive heard. I dont think anything really is considered "good" resi wise on rental return.

3. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Low is okay if theres still demand. The unwanted part is if oversupplies outpace little demand.

4. willister

This is where infrastructure comes in and decent locations.

5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

You need to practice you viet language skills :)

6. melbournian

come on - those Korean place are well known in Melbourne to be authentic. :) the ones off carinish rd.

there will be a super big dev as well in clayton as the block my friend sold is going to have commercial stuff like clinics, aldi woolworths etc

7. willister

Or hire an agent that speaks one LOL....simple. Or you can pay me a commission to do the translation LOL

You serious? I've tried nearly all of them on Clayton Road Kang Na Roo and the lil joint a couple of shops down further from the station. Tastes badass.

Also tried the pho there OMFG.

8. melbournian

What's ur going rates? :)

How abt the one off centre road? these are like Koreans not chinese selling Korean food like you see in some shops Phos - As you know stick to springvale and st albans. You're ain't gonna eat a good kebab in Beijing if you know what i mean.

9. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

I once and only tried a chinese bbq shop there, badass..... was suprised, i thought it's like a mini box hill, should have good food but nah....

10. willister

You are dead wrong there! Beijing has excellent mutton sticks!! They have a large Muslim (Hui) and ethnic minority population. I was surprised by the quality (Clayton eateries), real disgusting levels I've never ventured back for food.

ATANG likes this.
  11. melbournian

Mutton Sticks ain't kebabs man - i am talking Turkish style haha like the ones in Brunswick or the north. Beijing tbh is crap for food overall (couldn't fathom living there long term) unless in upper end chao yang area

What about that Malaysian place "wah kee" in clayton?

12. willister

Nah personally I prefer Glenny and Box Hill (in that order) for Asian food.

13. melbournian

Laksa king Glen that place is not bad.

14. willister

Hahah we must have vastly different tastes. One of the worst IMHO. Salty and oily as.

15. melbournian

haha - maybe - they got queues lining up in Flemington for an hour (come on get some spice in your life) :)

16. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Sunshine: There's nothing corny about this sunny Melbourne suburb

17. willister

Weird, when I was living in St. Albans many moons ago, Sunshine almost seemed like a thoroughfare. Station was ugly and scary before its reno and seedy!

The shopping strip/centre was literally dead, because it suffered from being wedged between Footscray and St. Albans (newer town, a lot of Vietnamese like my folks moved from Footscray for greener pastures read: newer houses). There wasn't a lot back then, first came the cinema complex then that Woolies and that plaza....but it definitely made life easier. When we first moved to St. Albans we had to travel to Highpoint (Franklins) back them to shop for food and also Hoyts cinemas for the odd occasion we were allowed a movie.

The best imho parts of Sunshine are bounded by Devonshire, Cornwall, Hampshire and Ballarat. Funny the "shire"/UK link. North of Ballarat Road isn't too bad but a bit too remote from the station!

18. google boy

google boy Well-Known Member

LOL weird comparision. Clayton has the best facilities any suburb can offer. You did not mention, chadstone shopping centre, honkong market, greek vege shop. indian and asian groceries, , two coles opposite one another, monash freeway, princess freway, brigton beach within 10 min drive. I agree clayton south is bit industrial but near to oaklieh it is more residential.

19. willfong

willfong Active Member

How does Sunshine compare with Altona?

Even Altona has just become a million dollar median price suburb (according to REIV, Altona: the new million dollar suburb ). I personally would have thought that Sunshine is much better infrastructure/amenities wise. Sure Altona has the bay, but most of the suburb is not within walking distance to the bay.

MikeyBallarat likes this.
  20. willfong

willfong Active Member

My parents used to live in Clayton area and there is no way you can reach Brighton Beach in 10 minutes driving from Clayton. Google map tells me it's 25 minutes.

ATANG likes this.