$199 for a Certificate IV in Building Construction with Step Into Training Services, Wacol ($3,934 V

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Zak, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

My new year resolution is to do a building course and become a builder one day.

I saw the ad below long time ago and it was a bargain but it was only offered in other state and not in NSW.

Does anyone know if this deal will be available this year and in Sydney? It was just $199 !!!!!

$199 for a Certificate IV in Building Construction with Step Into Training Services, Wacol ($3,934 Value)

$199 for a Certificate IV in Building Construction with Step Into Training Services, Wacol ($3,934 Value)

2. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Woah Nelly.... calm down now...

Hodge and TheGreenLeaf like this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Check out what is being offered through the Master Builders Association - they have a vested interest in ensuring that 'builders' know how to build not to turn out Certificate holders.

4. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

hahaha.... i copied and pasted and it turned out bold with lager letters.

5. Zak

Zak Well-Known Member

Yes understand but most of the builder courses costs from $5K up to $10K very expensive.

Could someone tell me other course providers that offers good practical course?

thanks Scott. I will look into MBA , do you know how much they charge?

6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I believe you can do a very cheap building course in India. They'll even throw in a full denture replacement.

legallyblonde and TheGreenLeaf like this.
  7. Scotty3

Scotty3 Well-Known Member

Awesome to hear.

I'd check with a few like MB and the more established ones as a comparison.
    You also want to check with the governing body should you want to be licensed.
    NSW I believe is fair trading.
    Every state has different requirements.
    You may need a combo of things to be licensed
    For example: cert IV and a Diploma in BC or; cert IV and a trade in carpentry.
    Additionally, you usually need a few years on site experience before applying for a license.

Please note: you should always run this by your governing body and get their advice

Also, check
    to make sure you're getting the up-to date training package
    Turn around time on assignments.
    Completion time given per unit/course - make sure you can meet those requirements
    Support (you may not need this - but you pay for what you get)
    Functional user friendly learning platform

Hope this helps

Scotty

8. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Do you have any experience in the building industry?

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Used your beer goggles eh @Zak

Try this link:

10. RyanB

RyanB Well-Known Member

Work for a builder for 4 years as an apprentice carpenter, then complete your cert IV at tafe, 3 nights a week whilst working 6 days a week for 2 years.

Then continue gaining experience runnings jobs for say another 5 years, then start sorting out the myriad of ******** paperwork and redtape to be granted a license, then after that you can look at HWI scheme, then after that you'll want a career change.

I certificate don't mean S%&T!

Brian84 likes this.
  11. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

@Zak did you see the course requirements? You need to already be in the building industry to jump straight onto this Cert IV

Tafe run courses are not expensive - this is a 6mth part time (2 days per week or 15hrs contact a week).

Check with your local tafe and see if you qualify and how much it is, I doubt it will be $200 but I also doubt it will be as high as $3200

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I used to work in the training industry. They will run ads to bait potential enquiries. The course really costs thousands but there are maybe a few places available at the advertised price if you fit the certain demographic targeted in the govt grant that pays the remainder of the course fee. For example if you are a refugee on a certain visa or long term unemployed in a particular age group and female.

13. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The only way would be to find a builder that's lic,then do the time as a apprentice,that seems a lot of money,then you still have to find employment,or there is another place at Walcol that does that sort of training for free..
    Custodial Corrections > Wolston Correctional Centre

Westminster likes this.