NSW 15 New Priority Precincts for Sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Moltzerman, 3rd Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

I've read those ones before. They are pretty vague - very much a copy and paste job with street name changes from suburb to suburb.

Simply saying "lets to do this" doesn't really achieve much if there is no real vision. Seems a bit like a "build it and they will come" theory.

Not sure how much change is going to occur if their plan is to slap units on top of the shops on Haldon St and push open space areas further away

This quote is pretty much repeated throughout all the different suburbs with minimal explanation of how its is achieved.

2. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

We live near Lakemba-Wiley Park for some 7 years now and have hardly noticed / sensed any improvement in the area both in terms of appearance and vibe.

Dark Phoenix and Tekoz like this.
  3. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I would live there and have posted threads asking about the area in the past.

Might go check out a few apartments this weekend with the introduction of the FHB grant.

Warren Buffett still lives in the same first house he purchased > 50 years ago.
    Same way I'm certain there are multi-millionaires living in Lakemba (Furniture Shop & Factory owners who wouldn't want to move)

4. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I would agree with you

5. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

Yes, and I know my observation should have little to do with the area future growth potential.

6. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Correct

7. Moltzerman

Moltzerman Well-Known Member

The revised and more detailed Sydenham to Bankstown Urban Renewal plan will be released later this month btw!!! Those draft and 'vague' maps currently on the Dept of Planning website will be replaced with more comprehensive analysis and planning. There's also preliminary investigation that Canterbury Racecourse will become a massive business/employment hub in the future which should co-exist in the revised strategy that will come out soon. About Lakemba and Belmore, the fact that it is a priority precinct, means that it will receive SPECIAL attention and additional government funding for new infrastructure projects. I agree that currently Lakemba is run-down but I see this as an OPPORTUNITY or a drawcard as the prices are lower than surrounding areas yet the future holds promise, and with extra government funding - the future is more important than anything from an investor's perspective.

Inov8ive likes this.
  8. Smasher

Smasher Well-Known Member

You're right it may have been under a certain size and exempt, but this was the opinion of the deck builder who does these for a living all over Sydney (that most of his clients don't bother with DA's even when they have to). A lot of folks in Sydney buy houses at auctions without even getting building/pest inspections done so who is to know what is an approved build or not?

9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Is this just a plan or something that is already scheduled ?

10. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Last edited: 3rd Nov, 2017
    AlbertWT and Tekoz like this.
  11. Yuga

Yuga Member

Has the new plan released yet?

12. AlbertWT

AlbertWT Well-Known Member

No update so far?

13. Bartman

Bartman Member

It's still a dump and as a percentage only a small number of Sydneysiders would want to live there. Almost none would have been born here...

AlbertWT likes this.
  14. [d4rk-fr3d]

[d4rk-fr3d] Well-Known Member

15. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Hey,

For those that are wondering this plan was supposed to be gazetted with all the properties in the plans rezoned however it was scrapped mid 2018.
    Weirdly enough every block up to next door of my parents house is now high rise and we are closer to the station then they are :(
    Government dumps massive Sydney housing plan