103 year old house - what kind of issues will I run into?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by SoroSoro, 16th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

I was trying to figure out if the kitchen could be moved to where the office currently sits to make an open floor plan.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I grew up walking distance from that house,and I know someone that grew up a few doors up from that property in the 1970's it's across the street from the old factory complex that is the final stage of being redeveloped AND THE ENTIRE PARK FLOODED ..Flood wise as I was there in 1974 and the house we lived in ,the 1974 came about one metre into the yard that house did not flood ..
    Looking at the photo ,at least that post is new ..Why did your carpenter mate say move on and start looking again ?..Yeronga is a inner southside blue chip area ,it has everything private public schools day care all walking distance from that property and redeveloped Fairfield shopping centre with a new Aldi all built above flood levels ..As far as evil spirits there would be no baba yaga in those streets ..imho..

SoroSoro likes this.
  3. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

He was worried about wiring and plumbing being antiquated, and asbestos. Just thought old houses like this can have a lot of surprises - he ended up having a foundation issue with his house that cost an arm and a leg to fix.

It does look like a nice area - though I wondered what kind of industrial/commercial was going on across the street.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Ask the agent, check with council, perform your due diligence.

SoroSoro likes this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

quote..
    Dec 27, 2018 - A CONTROVERSIAL plan to convert the old Taubmans paint factory site at Yeronga into a unit development has reared its head once again. ... The Yeronga District Residents Association said they had concerns with the scale of the first proposal, at 115 Hyde Rd, in 2015 and still shared …

Just had a look at the levels from the front sections,it's looks level to me going by roof line ,plus if you look into the new land values for that street you may have a better understanding of the Brisbane markets within markets ..""IMHO""

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.