Selling Houses Australia - Old Linton, Yass

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Davothegreat, 20th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

Anyone see tonight's episode of Selling Houses Australia with the Old Linton house in Yass? What a stunning property! 40 something rooms from 1850s to Federation era. Stunning, just stunning. I wish I could buy it.

2. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Yeah. Great house but $4M in the regions is a bit much. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. Not sure if they will get the income stream to support a big buy and reno.

3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

No I stopped watching SHA. Had become just the same old formula show after show with seldom any real renos.... just Shayna spray paints a kitchen and bathroom, paints a few rooms then puts out cushions on hire furniture.

Giuseppe likes this.
  4. Rich W

Rich W Well-Known Member

The show is still good but a bit commercialized now. I wonder how much the owner actually has to pay for the renos? When they say it'll cost $30k to fix, is that before or after all of the commercial arrangements?

5. melwph

melwph New Member

Cannot at all understand the choice of the modern taps in a period style bathroom when there are so many quality reproduction taps available everywhere. We even got ours from Harvey Norman…brand Zuchetti…but this type is common and would have suited the period features better. Here's a photo to show what I mean. I'm sure they don't have much of a choice, having to choose from a narrow selection available from the advertisers. Which is a pity. Hopefully the astout buyers will rip these out. IMG_5947.JPG