Crypto 100k Bitcoin in next 3 years.

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by jazzsidana, 30th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

2. Nuncasuficiente

Nuncasuficiente Well-Known Member

Still no analysis? Give us one reason why it will x10 in value in three years?

Anyone can say “oh yeh look mate I reckon that house in a mining town, spec stock, Crypto will x10 in value. Or maybe that horse will win the race so I’ll chuck 10k in it” but based on what?

Each to their own.

Lindsay_W and charttv like this.
  3. jazzsidana

jazzsidana Well-Known Member

It's a 10x return. Little bit of effort doing your own research won't hurt :) Or wait & you will find out when it hits the target ;).

Good luck!

codeninja and Laker like this.
  4. Nuncasuficiente

Well you started a thread to tell us all that bitcoin would hit 100k in three years but can’t give us any reasons why, so I’d say you should probably do some research yourself. Personally, I wouldn’t waste my time.

There is no shortage of people who claim things like this about Crypto. The problem is none of them can back it up with any kind of solid analysis or fundamentals. Seems to me like you listened to them and just chose 100k as a nice round number. You obviously know what you know what your talking about so all the best!

Codie, Foxdan and charttv like this.
  5. The Prestige

The Prestige Well-Known Member

How much did you buy?

Nuncasuficiente likes this.
  6. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Bitcoin is the best performing asset in the last 10 years and you want someone to convince you it'll go up?

If you don't believe in it just move on already...

Laker and jazzsidana like this.
  7. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I'm not against Bitcoin by any means but you can't seriously look at something and say it has gone up for the last 10 years therefore it will keep going up. That sounds like you are asking for trouble by basing investment on how an asset has performed rather than why it has performed the way it has.

Lindsay_W, Foxdan and Nuncasuficiente like this.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

You're not wrong, but do you have any thoughts on why it is up more than 12x over the past 3 years?

9. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Biitttttconnnnnnnnnectttt

Drifty, Morgs and charttv like this.
  10. Nuncasuficiente

Ok cool, so that’s the last 10 years and what next? Why 100k? Why will it keep “going up”? If your main/only reason for investing is past performance you will probably have a tough time in the future!
    Peace.

11. Michael.Knight

You're missing the point. I've already made my gains from bitcoin. Up over 200% since January.

The question is, why are you asking? You're right it may not keep going up. You've already missed the boat. So move on...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

If demand continues to increase or even remains steady, while the rate of new supply continues to decrease with each halving, you would expect the price to keep going up.

Why might demand increase?
    • Institutional interest in DLT
    • Concerns over central bank easing (i.e. debasement, where Bitcoin is seen as fixed/known supply)
    • Improvements to the protocol or layers, making it more useful
    • More people introduced to the fundamental nature of Bitcoin and come to understand it
    What reasons do you think demand might decrease?

Laker and jazzsidana like this.
  13. Nuncasuficiente

I’m sure you have! Great rebuttal, still no reason why it will hit 100k in three years though! Disappointing.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

It's disappointing you think others should answer questions, when you aren't.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    codeninja and jazzsidana like this.
  15. Michael.Knight

Well to put things in perspective, it'd be more disappointing for you if the original poster's prediction of 100k in 3 years came true.

Imagine if you had no exposure to bitcoin, and were still waiting for someone to inform you of the reasons why the prediction would come true...

What a huge missed opportunity that would be.

Just to humour you, Yale and Harvard Universities are already investing in bitcoin / cryptocurrency. They might have seen something in it, researched it, and decided to invest in it.

If you really want a reason how about you take the time to research if for yourself.

jazzsidana likes this.
  16. Nuncasuficiente

I already mentioned that I believe Crypto will become heavily regulated in the future. I don’t like to repeat myself so have a look at my previous posts to find the answers you seek!

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  17. Nuncasuficiente

I’m not saying it’s a bad investment but asking for some ideas on why it will be at 100k in the next three years?
    You started a thread to let us all know you think it will get there but can’t provide any reasons for this. Past performance is not an adequate predictor of future performance.

gman65 and charttv like this.
  18. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

You don’t need to know anything about bitcoin, all you need to know is that governments around the world are actively devaluing their currency with the money printers set to high..

jazzsidana likes this.
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

You are probably right, but once regulated it is more likely to be attractive to larger funds that can't invest in it otherwise. I would consider that net positive.

Some projects are aiming to work with regulators: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to Testify Before Congress Over Libra

jazzsidana and Nuncasuficiente like this.
  20. Nuncasuficiente

Ok thanks for that I think it’s called inflation. Nothing new.

Lindsay_W and Codie like this.