ASX Shares 10 bagger

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by kum yin lau, 5th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

I want to but it is not a priority for me right now..Too many other exciting ops but want to see how this plays out. There was a rumour ADN may absorb some of the insto shares that will surely hit the market in the next week or so.

I need to do more research on PTX but have been watching the SP do really well over the last fortnight or so. Should probably do that sooner rather than later!

Tofubiscuit and David_SYD like this.
  2. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I procrastinated longer than I should’ve

3. Big C

Big C New Member

I am immensely enjoying it!!

Drifty likes this.
  4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Another one to look into, Patrys or PAB

Listed options with expiry 2023/2024 as low as 3c/4c offering huge leverage.
    Early days just like PTX but tackling hard to treat cancers like AML, EMD, Melanoma, with a drug that’s been shown to cross the blood brain barrier in Mice. Looks exciting to me and worth some capital, they are starting to present themselves in presentations and must say the CEO is impressive.

Alvin09, David_SYD and Drifty like this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Drifty likes this.
  6. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

"A large-scale industrial kaolin processing centrifuge was recently obtained from Europe and is being installed in the $1M Pilot Plant at Streaky Bay. Once commissioned this will be used to produce large quantities of high-purity halloysite from specially selected feedstock."

This is great news.
    Again, the timing of this ANN has me really scratching my head.
    Does management think about strategy at all? am I missing something?

SP still sitting at .15c as I type this.

Codie likes this.
  7. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

It feels like a pumpdy dumpdy.

8. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Many years ago a director of a few big corps said to me "Our main job is promoting and selling the company"

It's all about management of the the news cycle.

Drifty and yannpiot like this.
  9. Tofubiscuit

Tofubiscuit Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, do most of the X10 bag hunters here trade in your SMSF?

CGT in personal name on multi baggers just hurts!

10. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

Not a huge amount of people that use a SMSF as it is very cumbersome and for most not worth it.
    A few here have long term holds in their SMSF.

CGT is a ***** but personally I generally "invest" rather than "trade". i.e. hold for more than 12 months to get the 50% CGT discount.

MSB, David_SYD and Tofubiscuit like this.
  11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just wondering with ''Andromeda'' ?..ABN 75061503375..

Most of the 11-600 shareholders on the register who are eligible to participate in the offer to apply for up to 30k without incurring brokerage or transaction ..

The offer represent's an 18.8 percent discount x volume on the weighted x price for 5 trading days up to and on the 28 june 2012..
    They intend to raise a maximum 15 mill..

So i guess the question is,as i know several within this site still hold this ASX listed company some may have jumped ship but a lot would still be holding longterm like myself..

Myself as of a few minutes ago have taken up the offer,which maybe will be scaled back due to demand ..

Have you taken the offer or just let it flow pass.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 10th Jul, 2021
    Tofubiscuit likes this.
  12. Tofubiscuit

Tofubiscuit Well-Known Member

If the mineral quality is as advertised, future market is as expected and ADN management execute their plan effectively then the future is bright.

Can I be sure of the above? Probably not but I will participate fully in SPP as the risk vs upside in the long term (5+ years) is worth it to me.

I remember years ago when I invested in Mineral Resources and they were shorted like crazy. It’s almost like where ADN is. Difference is the MD of MIN has shown over time he is good at executing strategy and identify good projects. Time will tell on ADN.

DYOR and not advice.

TB

willair likes this.
  13. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

Yes for SMSF. No for multibagers hurting, You need to invest outside first to get the funds to put inside. You dont need to pay much tax either on the multiibaggers outside. You have tax free threshold, 50% discount, can offset profit taking with losses, nominate which tranches you sell so that you keep most of the profits, actually increase them if you take sales from your cost base. Then invest in property claim expenses interest and depreciation. Use LOC to put money into super and get further tax deductions. Daily volatility can be often be half as much as you might pay in tax if sold. In SMSF you only get a 30% discount so pay 10% tax, outside you can leverage so paying 20% outside could be alot more profitable if leverage increases your returns a little, it can be alot more profitable when you add in compounding. The same principals apply to your own investments, as to the companies you invest in for 10 bagging..

14. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

How is SMSF cumbersome, it is just a structure. If you are investing for 10 baggers you should have a 5-10 year outlook and just do a little profit taking along the way, perhaps to take advantage of tax brackets.

15. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I spent quite a bit on options conversions last year so not taking up the SPP.

My current thought is to add to my ADN and other holdings after a RAC buyout (if that occurs next year - I think there is a reasonable probability given the background of the drug, the FTO findings of last year, the great job that management are doing and some circumstantial evidence on mechanism of action from the historic trials).

yannpiot, Drifty, Codie and 2 others like this.
  16. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

Hahah my thoughts exactly.
    I won't be participating in the SPP due to opportunity cost more than anything else.
    I want to watch the SP for a bit and keep an eye on management. Still think its a good op but short-med term there are bigger winners.

17. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

You obviously have a SMSF but you think its worth it for the average investor?
    Lots of additional forms etc and you have to get it professionally audited every year from memory?

TBH if Vanguard wasn't coming out with a super fund I'd probably look a little more seriously into it. Funnily enough there is more in my normal trading account than there is in my super lol

18. wombat777

Shorts significantly covered on ADN now. There is a 4 day data lag so most shorts probably now closed.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 1.06.04 pm.png

Here's an overlay of short data on the ADN chart, moved the short chart back a little to account for the data lag.

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 2.15.35 pm.png

inertia, Tofubiscuit and Drifty like this.
  19. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

I'd have thought with all these shorts being closed out, there would be a bit of a jump in the SP. Only hit a high of 0.17 this week

20. wombat777

Suspect that some of the shorters used the capital raise to help close their positions.