ASX Shares 10 bagger

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by kum yin lau, 5th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

DUB's going vertical.

Just bought a few k of 5GG.
    I like the people, strong financial base, and intersting product.

And IXR for rare earths

Codie, willair and Pier1 like this.
  2. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

3. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

This is an interesting one, will they get the enviro to stack up

4. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Argh
    FFX/MLL/BGS my old nemesis hope Docx2 can get me a home run on this one finally

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

RAC

Anatomy of a Pharma Buyout using the Synthorx buyout as a model ... helpful to understand how quickly buyout activity could play out. A drug can be early in trials process, even at Phase 1. A big pharma just needs enough data to support a decision.

The progression of Synthorx from a preclinical drug candidate to a Phase I trial and then a buyout is interesting to review. My initial understanding was that the Sanofi buyout of Synthorx for USB $2.5B was before the trial had commenced. However the trial had started recruiting 5 months earlier in Australia (July 2019) at the same time an IND was cleared in the US.

Sanofi inks $2.5B Synthorx takeover to gain IL-2 cancer drug

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...muno-oncology-Product-Candidate-THOR-707.html

So the Sanofi buyout occurred based on a trial recruiting, with IND for US however first readout not reported. The trial is ongoing at sites in Australia, US and Singapore.

A Study Evaluating Safety and Therapeutic Activity of THOR-707 in Adult Subjects With Advanced or Metastatic Solid Tumors - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

The trial reported first safety results, around 20 months after the trial started.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biote...il-2-clears-safety-hurdles-early-phase-1-data

The Synthorx buyout occurred 1 month after Synthorx presented at the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer in November 2019.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...unotherapy-of-Cancer-SITC-Annual-Meeting.html

Here's a graphical timeline for the events leading up to and beyond Synthorx buyout transaction I put together.

A0533141-05A7-4E76-96BB-CAE93EE14774.png

Note the near 5-fold difference in value of Synthorx over 12 months. Historic market cap is from this site.

So based on a combination of preclinical data and a Phase I trial underway, Sanofi pulled the trigger on a buyout 20 months before first full readout would be reported.

Since the buyout Sanofi/Synthorx have also partnered with Merck for a Phase 2 trial in combination with Keytruda.

Sanofi to Evaluate THOR-707 with Merck's Checkpoint Inhibitor Keytruda

This makes me speculate that RACE might have their eye on the following conferences for reporting of preclinical data:
    • June - ASCO Conference ( although this might be premature given the stay under the radar strategy ). Maybe next year.
    • November - SITC Conference
    • December - ASH Conference
    ASCO Meetings
    SITC Annual Meeting & Pre-Conference Programs - Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC)
    62nd ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition

I'm leaning towards conference participation in November and/or December as by then we should have preclinical data for FTO and trials underway for AML, Breast Cancer and potentially FTO.

Here are RACE's plans in the same timeline format. Read the RACE strategy update for context.

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/a...access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4

I will update the timeline as we get more info.

DYOR. IMO etc.

2729508D-1F65-45C9-A7D5-1167546B6CEB.png

trinity168, yannpiot and Drifty like this.
  6. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

I do get the feeling from a few interviews with Dr. T that they are determined to get to the SITC and ASH conference at end of the year before seriously entertaining any buyout proposals.

Which would be good, because (a chunk of) my CGT window is almost the same as Dr T's!

7. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

Also interesting to note the three preclinical studies should be released just after Dr T's CGT window closes..

Smart money is on a targeted Q2/Q3 2022 buyout.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Nothing like starting with a clean slate every monday morning ,i was intending to close ''DUB '' late last week but things that never happened before in one area tend eventually to happen..Only have just over 35000 as it's a easy number to work out --would have been better ''IF'' the number was 100000 given my naive interpreptation of ''Volatility''..Top day in sunny Brisbane...''''Caveat--Emptor''''..
    https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/a...pdf?access_token=0007jzCPtkYrj2pY6eFn3Atb0U5I

• 52 Week High$2.420
    • 52 Week Low$0.750

Last edited: 19th Apr, 2021
  9. Mason Hill

Mason Hill Member

FTO has been linked with the progression multiple different diseases. Evidence is accumulating that will provide us with a clearer picture of the role of FTO in diseases as well as the role potent FTO inhibitors can play as a therapy.

[​IMG]

yannpiot and MSB like this.
  10. Frosty123

Frosty123 Well-Known Member

ADN and MEP just keep on falling every day.
    Going to need a very big BOA annoucement to get this back to where it was...

11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about your portfolio, but as at 11.00am this morning, the drops in the above two shares are about par with the drops in everything across the board with mine.

12. Frosty123

Yes, but these two have been dropping every day for several weeks now

13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

That may, or may not be the case. I haven't really been following. But today's drops I would assume are due to overall drops in the market, not specifically related to those two stocks.

14. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

Yeah ADN, MEP are both pretty much exactly where they were 3 months ago.
    Wouldn't expect them to move dramatically until 2022..

15. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

I thought ADN was brought into the ASX 200 and that would have exposed it to bigger players...or was that another?

16. Frosty123

It got into the All Ords (top 500).
    It seemed to start right after the very small BOA with a Japanese customer was signed. Fell short of expectations for a billion dollar market cap company.
    Hoping there's some more around the corner.

Anthony416 likes this.
  17. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

2a announcement was Friday at closing.

Strap in boys.

18. Canyon

Canyon Well-Known Member

Are people expecting that the whole 1M converted options will be sold off? I wonder why he is selling given the huge upside potential here.

19. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I think he will sell them. Will take 7-10 days based on rate he has been converting them.

No idea why he would be selling. He hasn’t worked for the company since 2018.

Canyon likes this.
  20. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Well he was the ceo so he thinks the upside has maxed out. At least for now.
    They are $3.23 as opposed to 50 cents in 2018.
    No costs to keep.

There's another question that must be asked: How many more millions of non disclosed options have been issued?
    As shareholders has anyone written RAC and asked them that?
    Even though they are not required to disclose, isn't it the right thing to do?

As for Synthorx analogies, I don't see much other than the same sector.
    Chalk and cheese as they say.

Canyon likes this.