VIC 1 million investment ideas in Melbourne for 2019

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Riddle, 10th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cityman

Cityman Well-Known Member

huh?

Moonee Ponds, Aberfeldie, Ascot Vale & Strathmore all as good, if not better (in 2 cases) suburbs.

2. johnmteliza

johnmteliza Well-Known Member

Within the top 50 rank of schools only 3 schools are in the western suburbs. Unsurprisingly, Essendon has one of the few schools to make the rank. There is also one in Werribee and Keilor East. The only others not in Melbourne’s north-east, east and south-east are schools in Ballarat and Newtown.

Huntingtower School in Mt Waverley is also ranked 6th in Melbourne.

VCE School Ranking - 2017

This map explains why the north-east, east and south-east are so popular based on schools.

Attached Files:

3. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

True. But if you really want a good school, Ballarat Clarendon College seems to be kicking eastern suburbs butt! Hopefully all the school chasers in the East start heading to Ballarat...

4. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Essendon have always had decent schools since my high school days (90s), PEGS, St. Bernards were all top notch and were the only ones able to come close to the Private School Belt.

I've always considered Essendon to be somewhat of an "island" out west, as if they didn't belong there and would fit right in the East. I used to joke to a colleague who was into property and I said you could cut out Essendon and parts of Ashburton/Jordanville/Chadstone and do a straight swap and it would actually be a better reflection of society.

Personal opinion but Essendon doesn't feel as green as the East and has the once was quite industrial Niddrie next door. During the "boom" before 2017, IMHO the East basically had a few hot spots that basically spilled over to the next suburb until it hit the outer suburbs. The East and South East seem to have more suburbs next to each other without undesirable suburbs in between if you know what I mean.

kaibo and johnmteliza like this.