1 investment property and PPOR farmlet

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nicco, 12th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nicco

Nicco Member

Hi all. Im in mid north coast and been in to property as a way to build wealth since leaving uni. it hasnt made me rich quick as I thought it would, however I now see it as a way to slowly build wealth. I have one IP with a granny flat. Interestingly the granny flat was a removal house (cut in half and delivered by truck). It made the property cashflow positive and I'm paying down the debt. Im also a keen subscriber to the barefoot investor.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Nico!

Welcome to PC!

How did you go on about finding the granny flat? How was the process of delivery and then installation?

Nicco likes this.
  3. Nicco

Nicco Member

I just called up the local house mover and asked if there was anything available around the 60sqm mark. I got something a little larger, and had to remove a wall to turn one room in to a verandah to bring it in under the 60sqm mark (which is the max size for a granny flat).
    The install went well. The house mover was very experienced and managed removal, delivery, reassemble and stumping. I did all the service connection and minor renovations. I basically ended up with a granny flat for about 2/3 of the price it would have cost me to build it from scratch. It also felt good to recycle a house! It felt like lower risk too as the building process happened much quicker and with less moving parts than a build from scratch scenario.

Westminster and Property Twins like this.
  4. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum @Nicco

it really is a slow process, isn't it? ;)

what are you looking at achieving? and what are you looking doing next?