NSW 1.5 BILLION revamp for Mt Druitt CBD!!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by datto, 12th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Shaggers Ridge is a classy place. Home of the Vegas of the West. Said to be the only place where you can play pokies and hold your place in the Centrelink queue.

2. San2018

San2018 Well-Known Member

@datto Any thoughts on how it's going to impact( good or bad) my IP on Francis rd, 5 mins walk from rooty hill RSL. It's ~550 square meter land with house and GF I bought in 2017. It's paying off It self.

Is it good one to hold long term? Just concerned how busy road ( Francis rd) is going to impact its value or attractiveness to tenants in long term.

Last edited: 15th May, 2020
    Hayley Cannon likes this.
  3. datto

datto Well-Known Member

You’re in a great position. I wouldn’t worry about being on a busy road. You got the station, club, shops and hospital close by. Tenants would love that. You’re laughing with the IP paying for itself.

I am surprised how well house prices are holding up. So I now reckon the 1.5 billion spend has to be a plus for the area.

Bring on the equity! By the trailer load lol.

Hayley Cannon and San2018 like this.
  4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Seriously where is the mount in druitt?

datto likes this.
  5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Somebody knocked it off.

Piston_Broke, wilso8948 and skater like this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Code for a couple of bricks under the VN. :oops:

See Change, Pingu1988 and datto like this.
  7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

From the Great Western Highway you can see that Mt Druitt is up high. I’m not sure what the elevation is but it’s pretty high. Probably it’s an old volcano.

Many years ago I’d say bogan cavemen went up to the top there and performed rituals. Drank and smoked something before riding some prehistoric camel back down.

8. Montu

Montu Member

What happened to the billion dollar revamp? Does any one see anything changing at Mt Druitt?

9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Erh? good question.

But have you seen how high prices have risen out there? Maybe they don't need the revamp any more.

10. Montu

Montu Member

agree prices have gone up. I am hoping housing commission completely moves out of suburbs around mt druitt. That way more people all over sydney will move into the area and be able to send their children in public schools in 2770. I cant understand the reason housing commission still has homes on big blocks of land in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

That would drive prices higher to the likes of Rouse Hill, Marsden Park etc. Except you won't have a 300 sq metre block.

They'll wake up one day.

Montu likes this.
  12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

They retain housing because they own it. They've been selling it down for many years, but they won't ever get rid of it all.

13. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

You'll never be able to get rid of housing commission even in the most sought after suburbs. Its called fair and sustainable living. LOL

Kevbo likes this.
  14. datto

datto Well-Known Member

But they should reduce it by 99% :) Only the lucky 1% can live there lol

15. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Gets worse. They have properties within 5-10 clicks of the city. Heard of Daceyville, or Eastlakes?

16. datto

datto Well-Known Member

South Coogee also I believe with water views. But if they muck up they’re out.

17. skater

skater Well-Known Member

There's actually quite a few places in Sydney, that have Housing Commission properties.

18. Montu

Montu Member

I agree there are Housing Commission properties in other places in Sydney however, those suburbs are not like 2770. Even Paddington has HC properties however they are mostly in units, people who have normal jobs are able to send their children to public schools in other Sydney suburbs. 2770 needs a big revamp. This damage has been done by the govt by putting so much HC in this area and they should be cleaning it up and do it fast. I think this area has the potential to be like Dundas valley (similar sized big lots).
    Don't owner-occupiers who have normal jobs want HC gone?
    Why should owner-occupiers in 2770 be forced to send their children with HC resident children who will mostly have all the reasons in the world to be on Centrelink when they grow up and think like them?
    Are normal owner-occupier residents that have jobs happy to send their children to public schools in 2770?
    Why are there still HC properties on almost every street?

19. datto

datto Well-Known Member

HC residents serve a purpose in society. They help keep the Police employed. Roxanne you don’t have to put on the red light.

20. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Definitely Bolderwood Rd Blackett could do with a make over.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia