Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Zoolander

Rental Cashflow Summary Table

A basic income vs expenses summary table for multi property portfolios. Useful as a at-a-glance reference of net cashflow should some costs change. PM me for the Excel file if you want. Some fields are modified from real life data - makes the cashflow seem less apocalyptic >_<

Rental Cashflow Summary Table
Zoolander, 12th Feb, 2017
Peter Grabec likes this.
    • LukeR
      What LVR ratios are they?

Is this I/O loan or principle too?
    • Zoolander
      The numbers here aren't representing actual investments - changed some numbers so the graph has a mix of positive and negative gearings.

LVR should be 80% or less ideally. Can be a mix of Principle and IO loans, though my current setup doesn't split this out - breaking "Loan repayment" into dedicated Principle and Interest rows would sort that out and track interest separately.

I find pulling these figures from a single quarter's worth of ownership statements works though having a full financial year summary report from the property manager is more accurate- more data points.
    • LukeR
      LVR of 80% at 4% interest would be a $490k Property returning 27k = 5.5% Yield not bad if you can find them in good spots
    • Zoolander
      Thats indeed the tricky bit, finding one with yield and capital growth over time.
    • MyPropertyPro
      A true cash flow also takes into account the tax situation of the holding entity (be it a trust, company, individual or otherwise) and any associated refund. Whilst spreadsheets such as above give a quick indication of in-goings and out-goings, you must also take depreciation and your own personal taxable incomes and situation to get an accurate cash flow. See here for examples. You would probably find this portfolio enters positive territory once the above is taken into account and assuming for simplicity that it's held in a personal name i.e. a negatively geared but positively cash flowed portfolio. This is the sweet spot that every investor should aim for on a cash flow basis, obviously whilst attaining maximum growth.
    • Zoolander
      Thanks MyPropertyPro. Baking in interest charged and depreciation would be handy to enhance this simple table. I think I just found my next side project. Thanks for the tip and I'll be sure to check out your same reports, MPP.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    General
    Uploaded By:
    Zoolander
    Date:
    12th Feb, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count: