Terms of Service and Rules
1. This website is owned and operated by Property Chat Pty Ltd (ABN 11 606 247 134).
2. You must be 18 years of age or older to use this website
3. We provide our services to you subject to the following Terms & Conditions, which may be updated occasionally, at our sole discretion, with or without notice to you. The most current version of these Terms will always be on this page of the website and will supersede all previous versions
A benefit of membership is receipt of our regular email newsletters.
Our newsletters contain news and information about our website and other topics of interest to our subscribers, and will occasionally contain special offers and promotions from relevant 3rd parties which may be of interest to our community members.
None of these special offers constitutes an endorsement by us of the company or business providing the offer.
All newsletter emails will be sent by us - we do not give access to our email database to any other organisation other than those directly involved in the delivery of email newsletters that we are sending (eg MailChimp).
You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time or update your details by following the links in the footer of each email newsletter.
3. Access if residing outside Australia
We do not represent or warrant that this website or content contained herein complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. If you reside outside of Australia and access and use this website, you do so at your own risk.
The privacy of our site visitors and registered members and the security of their personal information is very important to us. We hate spam as much as you do and do not allow third party access to our database, whether they are in Australia or overseas.
Members can remove their email address from our newsletter database at any time by following the 'unsubscribe' link in the footer of each newsletter sent and members of our member directory and forums can edit the information displayed through the respective user administration tools. Please contact us if you would like us to assist with the removal of any of your personal details from our website or if you’d like help opting out from communication we send.
4.1 Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
4.3 Security Policy
Property Chat uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Property Chat or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under a minimum of a 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Property Chat.
5. Membership Payments
Monthly membership payments are made through PayPal or eWay using their respective 'recurring payments' facilities. These facilities make it easy for us to offer simply monthly payment mechanisms which may be cancelled at any time by the user.
Monthly debits will be drawn on the renewal date each month unless you choose to cease the arrangement before the renewal date through your settings or through PayPal or eWay.
No refunds will be given for any membership period paid for but not used.
Where a monthly debit fails to complete due to insufficient funds, card expiry or any other reason, your upgraded membership will automatically downgrade. Re-commencing payment will re-upgrade your membership automatcially.
Annual Business membership may optionally be paid by invoice - please contact [email protected] to request an annual business membership invoice which will contain payment details, including the option to direct credit our bank account with your payment.
All membership prices quoted on the website are inclusive of GST
6. Commercial Links and Business Promotion
We strictly forbid advertising in forum posts, which includes posting links to your business website, soliciting business, advertising or promoting your business or services. This rule also applies to Premium paid members and to paid Business members.
The no-advertising rule also extends to using company or business logos in avatars or on other parts of the site, or using a business name as your username. Sole traders who operate under their own name may use their own name as their username if they wish.
There are some exceptions to these rules permitted under specific circumstances and only to users with a paid Business membership. Paid Business members may:
- create a signature block which appears at the bottom of their forums posts which may contain company or business information and links to their business website.
- use a company logo for their avatar
- use their company or product name as their username
- post a company profile in our service provider directory
Holding a paid business membership does not permit the user to advertise or promote their business in regular forum posts.
7. Directory ListingOur service provider directory is for Business members wishing to promote their products or services, subject to the following terms:
1. You agree not to display words or images that are illegal, obscene, threatening, vulgar, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable to us or other users.
2. We reserve the right to remove and/or edit content at any time without notice if it is deemed to contravene these Terms.
3. Furthermore, we reserve the right to move your listing to a different category or subcategory and change or remove any keywords, comments or annotations at any time.
4. Your listing must clearly define its purpose, products or service.
5. The listing can only appear once in the Member Directory. Multiple listings to the same business are not permitted and will be removed.
6. Listings must be written in English.
7. If you wish to remove your listing, contact us and we will take it down within two business days.
8. You warrant that any testimonials shown on your listing are genuine and where possible clearly show the source of the testimonial.
8. General Terms
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
The forum rules listed on this site form part of these terms of services.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
If you have a question or concern about these Terms & Conditions, please use the contact form to email us, or alternatively, send mail to:
Property Chat Pty Ltd
PO Box 497
Hurstvill BC NSW 1481
Updated 13th July, 2015